Community Forums

Server Resource Pack

6 replies
PALADIN
We recommend you to use this resource pack on the server, for you will need this to be able to see the Gym Leader, Elite 4 and other NPC skins.

The resource pack is a mash of Faithful 32x32, PixelmonFaithful 32x32, Pixelmon Dark, and Mettat0n's Retro Pixelmon Sprites. Aside from this, it changes NPC skins and minecraft paintings along with healer sounds (Nobody likes the default microwave healers). Great for players who want a more HD gameplay.

Spoiler: Screenshots1Show
Spoiler: Screenshots2Show

Download: MiragePack 6.1

Spoiler: Installation InstructionsShow

Recommended version: 6.1 for Minecraft 1.12.2
wT9vih7.gif
CRVxYmM.gif
Posted Jan 6, 18 · OP
List
Undo
TROOPER
Great! Dark theme is back for Reforged :cool:
MfLmknw.gif
599155_trainercard-nachosbeans.png
Posted Jan 6, 18
APPRENTICE
is this already a part of the pixpack or do we have to manually install even if we do play using the pixpack.
Posted Jan 7, 18
PALADIN
wrote:
is this already a part of the pixpack or do we have to manually install even if we do play using the pixpack.
As of Pixelmon 6.0.1, not yet. It will be added to the modpack on the next update! :d
wT9vih7.gif
CRVxYmM.gif
Posted Jan 7, 18 · OP
Love
List
Undo
SQUIRE
Glad everyone is enjoying the resource pack!

It took a while to put everything together in a working manner but I'm new to this and probably missed some things when checking it all over. If you find anything broken or missing in the pack please let me know via a PM here or on discord (you can find me in the miragcraft discord) what it is, and any suggestions you might have for the pack so I can fix it for the next version, thanks!

Enjoy the pack :d
-Merc
T5xZ70i.png
Posted Jan 7, 18
List
Undo
I had a little idea, regarding adding 3d models to the resource pack's vanilla items (atm I can provide Iron and Gold ingot models (use textures of the ore blocks)
If this suggestion is quite liked, I'll send the files to whoever is working on the pack atm
Lurking in the shadows, hiding behind illusions...

Am I friend?.....or am I foe?

Heh heh heh....I'll leave that for you to decide....
Posted Apr 21, 18
SQUIRE
Hi there Midnight_Zoroark,

Thanks for your suggestion, however I've found in the past that 3D models on items is a pretty divisive addition, most people don't seem to like the added complexity and honestly, the scale of them is almost always really strange. And it would break continuity to have some items be given 3D models whereas a lot of other, possibly more common items aren't given them.

There are also a couple other problems that arise from using 3D models for items, due to the increased polys that need to be rendered, they hinder performance slightly (which when running such a large mod on older computers, could prove to be an issue) and increase the size of the resource pack considerably. The performance/size concerns have been addressed in the past, which is actually why I split the pack at version 6.1.1 into a "full" version with 32x textures and a custom UI and an "essentials" version that contained the bare essentials to necessitate the server or sit on-top of your preferred resource pack without interfering with vanilla assets (although I don't think snow ever actually provided links to the updated packs). This was so that we could apply the pack to as many people as possible, one having such a drastic change would decrease continuity further, which I personally don't feel is the right move.

That having been said, if the idea becomes popular enough I will definitely consider working it into the pack, although we'd need a pretty large sample over a fairly large period of time to gauge interest since I don't think it will be on many people's priority list at the moment. At the moment, if you want to use your own 3D models for items, the essentials pack won't interfere with those and you can PM me for a link to that version.
T5xZ70i.png
Posted Apr 22, 18
List
Undo
Login or Register
Online users (1)
Latest Threads

NoticeNotices